Extensive experience in leading technology teams, large projects, and programs. Specializing in enterprise infrastructure and security architecture. Driving technology innovation in support of business goals, facilitating and articulating opportunities for improvements, reduction of technology complexities, and advocate for automation.
- Responsible for the technical security strategy, ensuring that our technical direction takes a risk based approach that balances prevention of threats and usability of the environment.
- Lead enterprise cross-functional team consisting of over 200+ individuals for PCI Compliance remediation.
- Designed and implemented network segmentation strategy to isolate internal environments to reduce the risk of data exfiltration, privilege escalation, and lateral movement.
- Architected ServiceNow module to automate the internal and external certificate lifecycle including fully automated issuance and expiry workflows. The implementation of this module eliminated certificate related outages to the business resulting in significant savings in the first year.
- Architected and implemented automated risk-based connectivity request service workflow resulting in 40% reduction of manual review.
- Managed 20+ member global cross-discipline team responsible for the Windows, Linux and Virtual platforms for Expedia’s ecommerce operations, including dedicated resources for automation and scripting.
- Implemented processes and standards to speed service delivery to internal customers in a consistent and repeatable manner.
- Lead effort to streamline the multi-team server imaging processes resulting in a home developed automation system that reduced delivery times for new servers by 75% and reducing the number of staff required for server imaging by 50%.
- Architected and lead development team of a proprietary application that serves as the base for our Operations automation. In 2013 the application performed over 8,000 tasks without human touch resulting in just under 1,400 hours of resource savings.
- Architected and developed SOX Compliance software resulting in 90% reduction in time to gather evidence and approvals.
- Managed and maintained corporate and production game environments across four data centers (Dallas, Bellevue, Frankfurt, Seoul)
- Implemented a complete redesign of corporate SAN storage improving performance and allowing us to easily expand storage as required.
- Planned and implemented remote office in Seoul, Korea, for our game developers and artists to coordinate and collaborate with our publisher NCSoft.
- Implemented CDN delivery of game patches for Guild Wars 2.
- Implemented Cacti for global network infrastructure monitoring.
- Support trade show expositions (PAX, PAX East, Gamescom and G*Star) and other public and private events.
- Authored PowerShell modules and scripts to automate maintenance and deployments of servers and desktops, including application deployment and auditing.
- Planned and managed corporate datacenter relocation to new office.
- Documented process and procedures for the Network Operations Team.
- Managed workflow for Operations team consisting of six engineers.
- Lead content security project to increase digital and physical security for the Vidlab Production Network in preparation for an external security review.
- Developed various security documents, policies and training guides in support of the content security project.
- Operations Team liaison for the Change Advisory Board and implemented change processes and policies for the Operations Team.
- Maintained Signiant and Aspera content delivery systems, including coordination with various Content Distribution Network partners and internal Microsoft teams in support of the Zune and Xbox 360 Live Video Marketplaces.
- Project managed several projects including a storage expansion project that resulted in adding two new storage tiers and over two petabytes of capacity into our storage environment.
- Provided Tier 3 support for Vidlab teams and management staff.
- Implemented a secure network for video processing, content publishing and content distribution that was separate from Microsoft’s internal corporate network.
- Maintained and managed a network consisting of 175+ Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 systems.
- Implemented Cisco CSA to provide data loss prevention and tracking of video assets.
- Maintained Signiant, Aspera and SFTP content delivery systems.
- Project managed several projects including Windows 7 deployment and testing for our Publishing Team, expansion of network services to allow more content processing capacity for Zune 4.0 launch.
- Developed documentation standards for our team’s processes, procedures, system provisioning and application installations.
- Managed workflow and task prioritization for the Publishing Operations team.
- Provided Tier 3 support for Vidlab teams and management staff.
- Managed and maintained approximately 15 regular clients that ranged in sizes from a small ten user financial company to a 200 user car dealership with four locations.
- Project managed and implemented a Windows 2003 Active Directory Migration Project for a 200 user car dealership with four locations without causing any down time or business interruption. This project also included deployment of Windows Update Services and Exchange 2007 Migration.
- Developed internal documentation standards for our client networks and assisted in the development of our interviewing and screening standards.
- Implemented new internal network design, including transition of Exchange 2007 from 2003, installation of an OpenFire server to allow for secure instant messaging between consultants, and Nagios monitoring.
- Authored several questions and Alpha review of Microsoft’s 70-236 Exchange 2007 MCTS test.
Rancho Mirage, CA
- Managed and maintained an environment consisting of Windows 2003 Servers and Exchange 2003, Windows XP/Vista client workstations and network devices.
- Supported users in a variety of applications including Microsoft Office 2003/2007, QuickBooks 2004-2007 and a variety of industry specific applications.
- Provided technical services for firm’s clients ranging in size from small home offices to large non-profit organizations. These services included designing and maintaining Windows-based networks, application support and web design.
- Developed documentation for various applications, processes and procedures for both end-user and executive audiences.
- Designed and implemented standards-based public website for firm.
Palm Springs, CA
- Developed network designs, maintenance and management for approximately 25 regular clients that ranged in sizes from small store fronts to a 50 user doctor’s office and local school district with 725 staff.
- Developed multiple standards-based public websites for clients including a school district, non-profit women’s shelter and several small businesses.
- Lead Project Manager on multiple projects including complete redesign of school district network resources and implementing centralized security and control of all district servers, workstations and core network devices.
- Responsible for overall IT department operations, staff and budget management.
- Managed and maintained a Windows 2000 Server and Exchange environment, Windows 2000 client workstations and core network devices; including migration from Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 95.
- Managed development and implementation of web-based scheduling and project management software for our internal staff, remote users and clients from inception to version 2.0 of the application including management of multiple outside development firms and staff.
- Developed documentation for web-based application including user and administrator training guides, program specifications for versions 1.1 to 2.0, network architecture design documents, troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery Procedures and internal support flow-charts for help desk.
- Developed and maintained public web-site and several internal websites.
- Implemented and maintained Corporate Brand after company acquisition.
Windows Server Technologies (Exchange, SharePoint), Linux Server Technologies, VMware Management, Cisco IOS, Signiant, Aspera, WanSync (CA ArcServe), Wiki, Confluence, Data Center Operations, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, PowerShell Scripting and Automation.